Effective date: 27 March 2019
Welcome to Go Out London!
At Go Out London we are dedicated to maintain your trust with us, and this starts by respecting the privacy rights of our online visitors.
We seek to ensure that we are transparent in outlining how we obtain, process, store, share, disclose and protect your personal information when you use our services.
In compliance with the (UK) General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679, the ‘Data Controller’ in relation to the Go Out London service (herein referred to as the “Service”) is Innovative Technological Systems Ltd, Unit 11 Churchill Court, 58 Station Road, Harrow, London, HA2 7SA.
- All unsolicited information shall be deemed to be non-confidential and Go Out London shall be free to reproduce, use, disclose and distribute such unsolicited information to any third-party without limitation or attribution.
How you can access and change the personal information that London Carriages holds about you?
- You have the legal right to make a Subject Access Request to us to retrieve the personal information we hold about you.
- This is subject to a fee of £10 to enable us to respond to your request promptly, within the prescribed 30 days from the date of validation of your request, and to cover our administrative costs involved.
How can you contact us?
App- Go to the menu option on the App and click ‘Contact Us’
Website- You can submit an enquiry to us via clicking the ‘Contact Us’ tab on our web-page link www.gooutlondon.org
Telephone- 0208 901 2917
Or posting directly to our Head Office: Innovative Technological Systems Ltd, Unit 11 Churchill Court, 58 Station Road, Harrow, London, HA2 7SA.
How is this personal information used?
Go out London uses the personal information that you supply to us in order for you to provide our services to you, including support and maintenance services, improve our service, develop new protects and protect our company and our Users.
Therefore, the personal information that we collect from you may be for any combination of the following reasons, to include:
- Notifying you of details about any Venue(s) and Transportation Service(s) that are listed via our App and/or Website that you may have any enquiry about via your mobile device or other electronic device(s).
- Where you use this App on behalf of any Venue, it is prudent to collect some personal information about the Venue which includes its name, location, address, social media web-link pages, and images of the Venue. This is strictly necessary in order to enable us to display a listing of the Venue on our Service, either via the App and/or Website, and therefore to provide other Users with this information should they wish to engage with the Venue.
- Providing you with information about any other services of ours that may be relevant to you.
- Notifying you of any changes to our Service(s).
- Sending you marketing updates, newsletters or any other marketing materials, including information about products, services, promotions, news and events of Go Out London and, where applicable other companies. However, this is only ever in accordance with your preferences, and should you wish to stop receiving these updates, you have the option to elect to unsubscribe via the link at the bottom of the email(s) we send you or by updating your account settings.
- Internal marketing and demographic studies, together with non-personal data to monitor customer patterns so we can consistently improve our Service(s) to meet customer needs.
- Remarketing, retargeting or profiling purposes, including via third parties (such as social networking apps), and we will always ask for your consent prior to doing so.
- Collecting information you provide us with if you choose to post messages, reviews or other content on the App.
- Carrying out complaint procedures using the booking details you supply to us.
Who may we disclose your personal information to?
Go Out London take privacy and confidentiality very seriously and consider this to be a vital part of our relationship with you. However, whilst we are committed to ensure your personal information is kept secure, there are certain circumstances where it may be necessary to disclose such to any or a combination of the following:
- Our internal team at Go Out London in order to effectively manage and maintain your registered account and provide the Service to you.
- Should we hire any other company to perform certain business-related functions related to the Service we provide to you, i.e. system maintenance, business analytics and credit/debit card processing, we may share some of your personal information to such third-party but only that which is limited to perform their specific function and are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose.
- Where you use this App on behalf of any Venue, we will provide the applicable User with access to information about the Venue including but not limited to its location, images, address, name and details of events as part of the advertising Service that we provide to the User.
- Where there is a legal obligation to do so, we may disclose your information to any relevant regulatory body. This includes, but is not limited to, the police, fraud prevention agencies and other law enforcement agencies who may keep a record of such information for the detection and prevention of crime.
- We may also disclose your personal information in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to protect and defend the rights or property of Go Out London, or to act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of the User(s) of the Service or the public. In any such event, where elect to disclose any of your personal information to a third-party, this is done on a strictly case-by-case basis to ensure we comply with UK Data Protection legislation.
- We do collate information about site traffic and other commercial information, and this may be passed onto third parties. However, this does not include any information that would identify you personally.
- You have the right to request to not have any marketing information sent to you. We therefore do not share your personal information with third-party marketing companies.
Where is this personal information stored and how do we ensure it is safeguarded?
Go Out London takes reasonable measures to protect your personal information provided via the Service from loss, misuse, authorised access, alteration or otherwise. We use up-to-date industry procedures to safeguard the security, integrity and privacy of all of your personal information provided to us through the following:
- We ensure that your personal information is stored on our secure server, which is located at our Head Office in London.
- This can only be accessed by limited personnel of Go Out London to supply you with the above Service. Only employees have access to this data within our offices and not from home. It may also be made accessible to staff outside our offices who work for us i.e. system maintenance or technical problems.
- We do not store your payment or credit/debit card information on our internal servers, nor are they stored in physical form.
- We use secured a third party service to process payments.
- When taking payments, we encrypt your payment information via secure socket layer protection (SSL) to protect it from unauthorised use.
- However, unfortunately we cannot guarantee the complete and total safety of any information you input onto the Website and/or App, via the internet. No Internet or e-mail transmission is ever full secure or error free. Although we use security features to restrict access and prevent unauthorised use, we recommended all Users ought to keep their log-in details, and where applicable credit/debit card details confidential, as any transaction and use of the Service is at your own risk. Please therefore keep this in mind when disclosing any personal information to Go Out London via the internet.
What personal information do we collect from you?
- As an online visitor of the Go Out London website (herein referred to as the “Website”) gooutlondon.org there are many actions you will engage in where we do not take any personal information from you.
- When you however interact with us through registering to use the Go Out London App (herein referred to as the “App”) or voluntarily provide us with information through our Website or telephone, such as when you contact us with enquiries about any service(s) we provide, we may need to obtain and process personal information about you.
- There will be some personal information that is required as mandatory and some that is optional. If you do not enter the personal information that is required as mandatory, we will be unable to provide you with the desired Service.
- Depending on the Service you use or select, we shall request the following personal information from you:
(a) Unique identifiers including but not limited to your name, date, gender, telephone number and e-mail address, and this personal information shall be stored to create your User Profile should you wish to download and register to engage in our Service(s) via the App.
(b) Information that you upload, post, publish, or display through the Service, including without limitation; your venue ratings, reviews, and a list of Venue(s) (herein referred to as the “Venue”) that you have rated on the Service.
(c) Contact information, including e-mail addresses about others that you provide to us through your use of the Service, such as when you use the Service to send invitations to others by e-mails, SMS, text message or any other electronic means for an event at a Venue.
(d) Travel data to include your precise location when using our App on your mobile device or other electronic device(s). This is including geographical information via GPS, or otherwise to enable us to facilitate the ability to provide a list of venues and/or transportation links based upon your location.
(e) Transactional information in the event that you engage in any aspect of our Service which requires you to provide any form of payment in exchange for any of the services/goods. Where applicable, this information will include your credit/debit and billing address (es) in order for the Company to process such payments.
(f) Log data which means that when you browse the Website or login to use the App, our servers may automatically record information that your web-browser may send or App may send. This log data may include your IP address of the web page(s) you visited that had Go Out London features, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, how you used Go Out London, and cookie data.
(g) For security purposes, you will be given notice that any calls you engage in may be recorded for training or monitoring purposes, and that by proceeding you therefore agree to allow us to monitor and record call(s) necessary for such purposes.
- The sharing of the User’s location information is strictly necessary for the performance of the Services entrusted to the User by the Company for functionality purposes. The transmission will include the location and geographical information via GPS or otherwise.
What about cookies?
When you interact with Go Out London through our Website, we use technologies such as cookies and web beacons to passively collect non-personally identifiable information from you.
Our Website may also use cookie and tracking technology depending on the features offered.
“Cookies” are very small files that are sent by us to your computer or to other access device(s) which we can access when you visit our site in the future. Cookies and other tracking information can help to customise the Website for visitors, and are useful for gathering information such as browser type and operating system, tracking the number of visitors to the Website, and understanding how visitors use the Website, and build up a demographic profile.
There are three types of cookies:
- Website functionality cookies
These cookies enable you to browse the Website and use our features such as using a registered account and booking journeys.
- Website analytics cookies
We use these cookies to measure and analyse how our visitors use the Website. This allows us to continuously improve our Website and your booking experience.
- Customer preference cookies
When browsing, the Website will remember the preferences you make (i.e. login, language or location). This makes your browsing experience simpler, easier and customised to you.
Personal information cannot be collected via cookies or other tracking technology. However, if you have previously provided personal identifiable information, cookies may be tied to such information.
If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the hep and support area on your internet browser for instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies, you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our site.